Sunday, June 26, 2011

New Stuffs

As I mentioned in previous posts, I was changing my major from 2D Animation to New Media and Web Design. Well, I'm taking my first class for that this summer, and already I feel like I made the right decision in switching. It's a pretty basic Illustrator class, but it still consumes a good amount of time (at the same time, I'm working nearly full time right now so my free time has been limited during weekdays and weekends).
So far our first assignment and second assignment has been pretty simple. The first was to do an illustration of an insect, in any style just to show what we were capable of already in Illustrator. I chose to do an Orchid Mantis for mine.

Unfortunately due to a housewarming party for our new apartment and work, I rushed this assignment because it was already a day late. However, I was still happy to do it.
The unfortunate thing about Summer Semester is that you only have like 2-3 days to work on things, meaning if you procrastinate you're screwed. My second assignment for this class had given me hell. While it was fun to do, I had a series of problems the day it was due because I needed to get it done within a certain amount of time before I went to work.

We were to trace an image of our choosing and fill it with vector shapes.
Here's the WIP:



Original photo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment